We Want You: Calling All Interested Volunteers!
NAMI MONTCO is looking for a few good people to support our youth programs and an all new program throughout the county!
NAMI Montgomery County PA is looking for Presenters to educate and empower youth through the Ending the Silence Program. Presenters will share about mental health conditions, suicide, how to help a friend, stigma and personal stories. To gain information about the program & an application, please contact Bernadette Selgrath, Youth Program Coordinator at email@example.com.
Friends in the Lobby offers smiles, compassion, information, and hope to visitors seeing their loved ones in behavioral health or psychiatric units of Montgomery County PA area hospitals. It can be extremely stressful and traumatic to have a loved one in a hospital for a behavioral health emergency. To ease this stress and promote mental wellness, mental health education and support, NAMI Montgomery County PA has created an innovative program named Friends in the Lobby (FIL). Friends in the Lobby’s mission is to provide outreach and engage individuals visiting their loved ones in local hospitals. Trained NAMI Montgomery County PA Volunteers have a designated space in the lobby area of hospitals during visitation hours where they provide visitors with information on NAMI and other local mental health resources. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!
FREE Train the Trainer Class for Mental Health Advance Directive Trainers
This training is intended for Certified Peer Specialists (CPS) and other mental health professionals who are interested in completing the Mental Health Advance Directive (MHAD) Training and want to learn how to facilitate and support individuals that want to develop a MHAD.
Successful participants will be asked to facilitate the training at least once before the end of 2019. By submitting your application and completing the training, it is assumed that you make this commitment.
- Montgomery County, Conshohocken, Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Through our Community CHAllenge program, your blood donation on July 17 will save lives and support two important community organizations! For every unit of blood collected at the drive, donations will be made to NAMI Montgomery County PA, and to Greater Harleysville and North Penn Senior Services. If the blood drive collection surpasses last year’s total of 114 units, these donations will be doubled!
THANK YOU for helping us continue to save lives!
Register Online: Visit the Carol H. Axelrod Memorial Blood Drive website, www.chablooddrive.org. The home page of the site has all of the information you’ll need to make your appointment quickly and easily. Appointments are available at 15-minute intervals between 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Register by Phone: Call 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767) and follow the prompts for scheduling a blood donation. A representative will then assist you in scheduling your appointment (for ease of scheduling, mention sponsor code “CHAMemorial”).
- Most blood donors can donate blood every 56 days. You will be eligible to donate at our blood drive on July 17 as long as your last blood donation was made no later than May 22.
- Power Red donors: If you are a “power red” (double red cell) donor, you must wait 112 days between donations. In order to be eligible to donate at our blood drive on July 17, you must have made your last power red donation no later than March 27.
- The minimum age to donate blood is 16, with parental permission; no permission is needed for anyone over 16. A parental consent form can be found here.
- Do you have a question about your eligibility to donate due to medication, travel, or other concerns? You can learn more about eligibility requirements here, or call the American Red Cross Donor Client Support Center at 866-236-3276 to speak directly to a representative.