If you or your loved one develops a mental health condition, it’s important to know that you’re not alone. One in five people will experience a mental illness this year, and one in 25 Americans lives with a serious mental health condition. Mental health professionals have effective treatments for these conditions, yet in any given year, 60 percent of people with a mental illness don’t get mental health care.
You do not need to face the challenges of mental illness alone. NAMI Montgomery County PA is here to offer support and resources that promote recovery and hope.
To find the date and time of all the offered support groups, please refer to the calendar or the links below. If you have further questions, please contact the office at: 215-361-7784 or email@example.com.
Support Groups available:
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group is a free, peer-led support group for adults living with mental illness. You will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others, and the groups are led by NAMI-trained facilitators who’ve been there.
NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model to ensure you and others in the group have an opportunity to be heard and to get what you need. By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop relationships. The group encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community.
- Lafayette Hill- 1st Monday of each month (except holidays) at 6:15 pm – 7:45 pm at the William Jeanes Memorial Library, 4051 Joshua Road, Lafayette Hill PA 19444
- Lansdale – 1st Saturday of each month at 10am – 11:30am at the NAMI office, 100 W. Main St. Suite 204, Lansdale PA 19446
- Lansdale- 3rd Saturday of each month at 10 am – 11:30am at the NAMI office, 100 W. Main St. Suite 204, Lansdale PA 19446
- For family members/loved ones of someone living with a mental illness.
- Meets four times a month throughout the county.
NAMI Family Support Group is a peer-led support group for family members, caregivers and loved ones of individuals living with mental illness. Gain insight from the challenges and successes of others facing similar circumstances.
NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model, ensuring everyone has an opportunity to be heard and to get what they need.
- Free of cost to participants
- Designed for adult loved ones (18+) of individuals living with mental illness
- Led by family members of individuals living with mental illness
- Meets weekly or monthly
- No specific medical therapy or medication is endorsed or recommended
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop supportive relationships. This group allows your voice to be heard, and provides an opportunity for your personal needs to be met. It encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community. You’ll benefit through other’s experiences, discover your inner strength and learn now to identify local resources and how to use them.
- Eagleville- 1st Monday of each month at 7 pm – 8:30 pm at Lower Providence Presbyterian Church (in atrium), 3050 Ridge Pike, Eagleville PA 19403
- Lansdale- 1st Tuesday of each month at 7 pm – 8:30 pm at St. Johns United Church of Christ, 500 W. Main St. Lansdale, PA 19446
- Abington- 2nd Thursday of each month at 7:30 pm – 9 pm at Abington Presbyterian Church, 1082 Old York Rd., Abington PA 19001
- Pottstown- 2nd Monday of each month at 7 pm – 8:30 pm at Creative Health Services (in library), 11 Robinson St. Pottstown PA 19464