We enccourage people to develop their own voice that shares their story as only they can. That story is the key to having our voices heard and getting change made. One voice is strong, but together our voices are strongest. Individuals being treatment and their families need to share their voice and impact the decisions being made. “Nothing about us without us” drives our advocacy efforts at NAMI Montgomery County PA.
At NAMI, we follow the current public policy issues and “hot topics” at the local county level, state level, and federal level. The following is a list of current legislation that may impact Mental and Behavioral Health. Your voice matters! Contact your legislators to let them know what is important to you and how they should be voting/acting on your behalf. Click here to find your legislators!
Current public policy issues we are monitoring:
Hot Topic: 2017-2018 PA State Budget Bill (HB 218)
- $9 million in cuts to mental health and substance use disorder funding means more Pennsylvanians would be institutionalized instead of served in the community
- Reduction of $5 million in community mental health county allocations
- Reduction of $4 million to county behavioral health funding
- $4.8 million in cuts to counties
- $6 million in cuts to home and community-based services
Other state legislation NAMI Keystone Pennsylvania is following:
HB 1233 is Representative Murt’s AOT (Assisted Outpatient Treatment) bill reintroduced with each new legislative session.